You are invited to a weekend of workshops, talks and films to be held in Seomra Spraoi in Dublin from 16thâ€“18th November.
The purpose of the weekend is to get people interested in activism from various backgrounds and groups to meet up, get to know each other and learn from the experience of the current Gluaiseacht activists and others. We hope to create enthusiasm for the various campaigns and some formal and informal networks which would kick-start some serious activism through Gluaiseacht and each other.
4 Maryâ€™s Abbey, Dublin 1
Directions: coming from Capel St Bridge, walk up Capel St, turn left at the Boarâ€™s Head of, large grey-blue building on your right, old Music Maker building. It is across the road from and Rhodes restaurant.
It is on the Luas track.
- How Much?
Free of charge and food will be provided. If you are coming from outside Dublin and are in need of a place to stay please let us know and we will try to hook you up with a couch or a floor.
Please let us know if you are coming anyway so we can provide food for all.
- Contact Us
Admission is free and food will be provided (vegan/vegetarian). There will also be a social on saturday evening. Please confirm you are coming so we make sure we can provide food for all.
Phone Fergal on 0851590728 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop List
- Climate Change â€” Oisin Coughlan (Friends of the Earth)
- Media work â€” Mark Malone (WSM, Grassroots Network, Seomra Spraoi, Gluaiseacht), William Hederman (Ex Irish Times photo journalist and current media lecturer DCU)
- NVDA Legal advice â€” Owen Rice, Sean Ryan
- Zero-carbon living â€” Andy Wilson (Sustainability Magazine)
- Biodiversity â€” Anja Murray (An Taisce)
- Shell to Sea â€” Aron Baker (Rossport Solidarity camp resident engineer)
- Pie- and jam- making! â€” Mags Liddy (Gluaiseacht, Political author, Peace activist and Chef Extraordinaire)
- Permaculture/natural building â€” Grainne McHugh (Gluaiseacht, Shell to Sea)
- Irish Anti War â€” Conor Cregan (Gluaiseacht, Shannon Peace Activist)
- Boycott Coke â€” Daniel Finn (Winner of the Daniel Singer Prise for Journalism, ISN, UCD student union Delegate to Colombia)
- Student Action on Climate Change â€” Dave Curran (Current Environmental Officer
of USI and Twice Deputy President of UCDSU)
- Sustainable living â€” [growing your own food, making wine, herbal medicine etc] Tracy Ryan (Bitchin Kitchin, Rossport Solidarity Camp, Gluaiseacht)
- Justice for Terrence Wheelock â€” Larry Wheelock