This weekend come and see our lovely new space!!! The space is open all weekend for people to drop in and drink tea and look around any time from 12 midday onwards.
This weekend’s events
- Friday 21st
- 7pm, Trad night â€” traditional music session, bring your instrument or just come to listen.
- Saturday 22nd
- 3pm (registration 2pm) â€” Car-free scavanger hunt, hunt by bike, on foot, skate board, roller skate, jog, whatever. Teams of 2/3/4
- 7pm Contemporary Storytelling â€” You are invited to find out what Irish storytelling is, was and what it might be.
- 10pm Live Music â€” Known (Uk), Eva Urban, Heathers, Mike Igeo Poet, Dropping Bombs
- Sunday 23rd
- 2pm â€” People’s Kitchen (vegan food)
- 3pm â€” Kids activites, all ages, table tennis, toys, stencils, drawingâ€¦
- 4pm â€” Brief talk/slideshow about Seomra Spraoi past, present and future, plus discussion
- 5.30pm â€” “3 minutes of Infamy” â€” meet the the groups that use the space as they explain in three short minutes each who they are and what they do. With slideshow. (groups include Shell to Sea, RAG, cuppocrafts, to name but a few)
- 7pm â€” Cabaret!!! (cover charge on the door)
- 8pm (in a different room) â€” film screening (time subject to change)
Seomra Spraoi is an autonomous social centre. We are a collective of different people with different backgrounds and interests working together in co-operation with a common purpose, to create a non-comercial space with an atmosphere of tolerence and respect, and a sense of community.
The centre is run on libertarian principles and participatory democracy, it is independant of any political party, business etc. and everyone involved has an equal voice in deciding how it is run.
We’ve been at 4 Mary’s Abbey, just off Capel St (on the luas line) for 2 months now and although we’ve had lots going on, we haven’t really taken the time to stop and celebrate and show it off!
For more information about seomra spraoi please check out our blog at http://seomraspraoi.blogspot.com/